My #RunDance Workout
One thing about exercising, you need do what you enjoy. To make running enjoyable for me, I thought of this new concept (still needs scientific proof) of #RunDance.
In preparation for the adidas Run Your Crew race [www.runyourcrew.com] taking place on the 3rd of December 2016, I will be running and dancing as my training regimen. Take at a look my sweaty selfie (Sweat-fie) and snippets of my cardio and random dancing!
What I Did at the Gym
- Ran on the treadmill for 15 min (approx. 1.2km)
- Completed a few sets of suicides (running across the studio) for approx. 20 min
- Incorporated skipping during the sets of suicides for approx. 5 min
- Busted some moves in front of the mirror to the sound of the music for approx. 10 min
- Cooled down by playing some soothing music and stretching using resistance bands for approx. 5 min
You can follow the rest of my preparation journey on Instagram/Facebook at @ConfiDanceZA under the hashtag #RunDance. If you feel like being confident to share your favourite way of exercising, you can tag me and I’ll check it out! I’ll be doing this until my race with my crew on the 3rd of December 2016.
Are you ready to #RunDance with me?